Subject: Re: Quadra610 Boot problems...ALMOST THERE I THINK!!!
To: None <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
From: Masami and Ken Nakata <masami@fa2.so-net.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/11/1997 21:26:03
On Tue, 11 Feb 1997 08:24:08 +0100 (MET),
Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk> wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Feb 1997, Masami and Ken Nakata wrote:
>
> .. On Mon, 10 Feb 1997 04:12:18 -0800 (PST),
> .. Paul Goyette <paul@pgoyette.bdt.com> wrote:
> .. > Well, signal 10 is (AFAICT) SIGBUS.  Looks like something in your system
> .. > is causing bus errors...
> ..
> .. Is it possible that Erik's Q610 has a 68LC040 instead of a 68040?  It
> .. does sound like the FPE bug.
>
> Just for the record, my name is Erik and I'm not the person who started
> this thread, but I do have a Quadra 610 with a full 68040, and it is
> running NetBSD-current.

Um, sorry.  I noticed it after I sent it away.  I simply assumed whom
Paul was replying to was the person who had this question.

> If the kernel has started init and init dies with a signal 10, I would
> say that the kernel has booted, but that the following processes have
> problems.

Yup, if init gets signal, init must have been started by the kernel.
Therefore the kernel must have started.  The signal 10 is SIGBUS which
could be raised because of the FPE bug.

Ken