Subject: Re: Kernel Patching: Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!
To: None <jplotech@diisd.k12.mi.us>
From: Masami and Ken Nakata <masami@fa2.so-net.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/11/1997 15:05:26
On Mon, 10 Feb 1997 19:06:13 -0600,
John Plotecher <jplotech@diisd.k12.mi.us> wrote:
> I've been working on getting a current kernel compiled with color NuBus
> video code in it recently, and patch keeps saying that the hunks failed.
> The file I'm using is macbsd_video.961025.diff. Do I need to download a
> different file?

Well then, you'll have to figure out what have changed since the
source tree to which macbsd_video.961025.diff is supposed to apply,
and manually apply the diffs to your tree.

> Also, I've been playing with ppp, and when I say pppd I get this...
>
> pppd[500]: Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/tty00
> routed[100]: lo0 has no address
> routed[100]: lo0 has no address
> pppd[500]: local address 199.178.63.65
> routed[100]: ifinit: out of sync
> routed[100]: ifinit: out of sync
> pppd[500]: remote address 199.178.63.251
>
> ... and a routed.core file on /. What should I do?

This may not be what you are looking for, but...  Why are you running
routed?  If ppp is the only connection to the Net, there's no point in
running any routing protocol.  Your provider figures out packet
routing for you.  Even if you have another connection (e.g. Ethernet),
you can probably get away only with static routing unless your site is
very large.

Ken