Subject: Re: procmail problems...
To: Tony <tchen@ibl.org>
From: Jonathan Lennox <lennox@cs.columbia.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/11/1997 00:03:43
On Mon, February 10 1997, "tchen@ibl.org" wrote to "port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG" saying:

> I think I've sent this message out before, but I'm still having problems
> with procmail.  The worst part about it is that it's an intermittent
> problem, but every so often, my procmail will core on me and the
> sender of the message gets a nice message back saying that it was
> unable to deliver the message.  I've re-compiled it several times.
> Anyone have any clues???

Are you using procmail 3.10?  I've seen a similar problem to this on BSDI
2.1 ... the problem is BSD 4.4 uses 64-byte off_t's, while procmail 3.10
assumes that an off_t is the same size as a pointer.

Upgrade to procmail 3.11pre4, it fixes the problem and seems perfectly
stable.

--
Jonathan Lennox
lennox@cs.columbia.edu