Subject: Re: Quadra610 Boot problems...ALMOST THERE I THINK!!!
To: None <macintosh-gur@televar.com, macintosh-guru@televar.com>
From: Masami and Ken Nakata <masami@fa2.so-net.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/11/1997 09:57:44
On Mon, 10 Feb 1997 13:49:22 +0000,
"Macintosh Guru (Greg Evans)" <macintosh-guru@televar.com> wrote:
> I am wondering about the message  I recieved stating the follwoing
> however:
>
> >Well, signal 10 is (AFAICT) SIGBUS.  Looks like something in your
> >system is causing bus errors...
>
> Wouldn't it stand to reason however, that if I am getting bus errors on
> the Un*x side, I *should* be getting them on the Mac side as well??

No, "bus errors" under NetBSD and "bus errors" under MacOS aren't the
same.  It means under NetBSD, AFAIK, M68K "address error".  Basically
you get this when you get the broken program counter.  You'd see the
"bus errors" under MacOS disguised as "segmentation faults" under
NetBSD.

> BTW:  (if Paul Goyette is reading this) where can I get a list of error
> messages that will tell me what "process (pidx) got signal xx" and other
> error messages mean.

You can take a look at /usr/include/sys/errno.h for the description of
the error numbers.

Ken