Subject: Re: help
To: Tyler <Tyler_Ingram@ultranet.ca>
From: Michael Peters <sailor@oro.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/10/1997 20:00:19
Oblicatory cute .sig here

On Mon, 10 Feb 1997, Tyler wrote:

> hi,
>
> 	I have a LCIII with 8mb of ram,80MB internal, and 520MB external
>
> I've the external to a/ux but now i noticed it's only about 60mb for the
> rootusr part.  Anyway i've d/l just the base12, netbsd12, and etc12 files
> and installed them.  Everythin werks fine exept for the booting part =)
>
> 	Also i made a a/ux partion with 250mb avaible to it but it seems
> that the installer says that with: base12, etc12, netbsd12,comp12, text12,
> and game12 that :  Write Fail, System Disk full.  Y?? is it because it's
> actually compiled all those things past 250MB? or it won't werk without it
> being placed in the root/usr??
>
> 	This is about he 3 time i've tried to install NetBSD with not being
> succesful.
>
> Thanx

  Ok, I can see what's going on.  You need to use the installer to install
all but the netbsd12 file, download GENERICSBC-15 from somewhere (I don't
know where it is atm :/  ), and install it instead of netbsd12.  Then
ensure that only apple hardware is connected to your computer, no
kensington mice or anything like that.  Then it should boot fine for you.
=)

Hope that helps,

Michael D. Peters