Subject: Re: LC040 support?
To: The Great Mr. Kurtz \[David A. Gatwood\] <davagatw@Mars.utm.edU>
From: None <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/10/1997 17:19:50
> Sounds more like a scsi driver bug, at least that'd be my guess.  The
> ncrscsi96 driver is partially derived from the ncrscsi driver, but with
> several changed commands, right?

Nope.  As Colin Wood pointed out, this is not the case.  The ncrscsi96
driver is actually esp0 (and lists as such at boot-time).  It has
nothing to do with the ncrscsi driver.  I've seen no problems with the
esp driver on my Q700, but then, I haven't seen problems with the
ncrscsi driver on my Quantum Fireballs on puma, either.  I'm not saying
that problems don't exist.  I'm sure they do, and it's hard to tell, in
this case, if the problems are related to the FPE or the scsi driver.

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com