Subject: Re: mosaic & amiga
To: Taras Ivanenko <ivanenko@ctpa03.mit.edu>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/10/1997 11:43:14

> > I am using several binaries downloaded from the archive without any
> > problems.  There are several version of Mosaic up to v.2.7b5.
>
> What is your experience with Amiga binaries for Mosaic? I recompiled
> lesstif and Mosaic from scratch but the performance is very bad. It
> takes at least 5 minutes to start Mosaic on my IIcx and then it
> crashes too often. Is Amiga binary faster?

Isn't lestiff still under development? I'm glad it's coming along, but it's
not done yet AFAIK. ??

The thing about amiga binaries is that the binary type is the same.
Unless you're mucking around w/ port-specific kernel parts, any
m68k netbsd binary will work on any other m68k netbsd machine(*).

(*) some programs are fussy about the page size being 4k or 8k. But any
4k works w/ any other, and any 8k works w/ any other.

So amiga binaries work on mac68k & atari, and I think also sun3 & sun3x.
:-)

Take care,

Bill