Subject: Re: More on Kernel for Quadra 700
To: Carlos Soledade <soledade@anet-dfw.com>
From: Christoph Ewering <eweri@uni-paderborn.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/10/1997 11:42:22
Hi Carlos!

> Thanks to all that responded with the location of the
> Madhatter kernels. However none of them booted my MAC.

Well, i use the madhatter#35 on my Quadra 700, 20MB, 2MB VRAM with
8bit or 1bit colour and with 640x480 or 832x624 and have no problem.
But X only runs in 1bit 640x480.
I could boot with GENERIC-15, GENERIC-19...22 without any problems,
but these kernels don't support X11.

It helps if you say where the madhatter#35 crashes.

The madhatter#36 crashes immediatly after the bootloader done its job.

> So far the only kernel that has ever worked was the
> netbsd.quadra from Allen's FTP server. (No X support)
>
> My Quadra is clocked to 35MHz. Would that have anything
> to do with it?

I don't think so.

> I tried booting in my normal config 8bit video at 1152x870
> (75Hz) and at 1bit 640x480. Should I try antyhing else?

Do you have any other nubus-cards, etc. ?

Bye,
	Christoph

Christoph Ewering         eweri@uni-paderborn.de
Husarenstrasse 48         Fon: 05254 12555
33104 Paderborn           www.uni-paderborn.de/Admin/eweri/