Subject: Re: LC040 support?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: William O Ferry <WOFerry+@CMU.EDU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/09/1997 22:19:09
Excerpts from internet.computing.netbsd.port-mac68k: 9-Feb-97 Re: LC040
support? by Rolf Braun@geocities.com
> GENERIC-9 is at ftp.macbsd.com, in /pub/NetBSD/kernels
>
> GENERIC-22 (more recent, probably better) is at ftp.netbsd.org
> in /pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/kernels
>
> Hope that helps =)
>
> Make sure you're using a recent booter, like 1.9.5. I used 1.9.4 when
> testing this.

Hmmm..  I grabbed GENERIC-22 in binary form with Fetch.  I also grabbed
Booter 1.9.5.  With 1.9.4 (that I already had), if I try to boot
GENERIC-22, it comments that sizeof exec = 32, and that it can't boot
this type of kernel.  I tried running 1.9.5, but I can't change it's
settings.  It comes up using SCSI ID=2 and autobooting in 30 seconds.  I
can't access the Boot options menu, but Preferences and Serial are
available.  But even if I change something in here (within 30 seconds,
when it locks the machine), I can't save the options (the menu is greyed
out), and when I quit it doesn't save the options.

    Are the Booter options stored in a prefs or other file somewhere, or
are they kept inside the binary?  It seems that even with 1.9.4 now, I
can access all of the menus and select save options, but when I do that,
quit and restart, the old options are still in effect.  Any thoughts???

    If it matters, this is a Performa 636CD, 20MB RAM, 1GB IDE drive,
running System 7.5.3R2.

    Thanks in advance.

                                                          Will Ferry

William O Ferry <woferry@CMU.EDU> | finger:  woferry@WarpDrive.RES.CMU.EDU