Subject: Re: Q610...got further, but still having poblems...
To: None <gevans@televar.com>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/09/1997 14:06:53
> So, after repeated unsuccessful tries on my Quadra 610 w/ the
> MadHatter#35 kernel, I decided to be a little bolder and download all of
> the generic kernels.  With genericsbc-21 and genericsbc-22 I have
> managed to get past the point at which my Computer freezes (when it
> should go to the white screen), and now it goes to the white screen and
> through a bunch of text (I admit it, I haven't read it, but I should
> have)....then gives the following message scrolling down my screen
> forever...
>
> process (pid1) got signal 10

Process 1 is init, the daemon process which starts all the userland
processes.  I don't remember what signal 10 is right at the moment.
Hmmm, is there any chance you can copy down all of those lines that you
haven't read? ;-)  It's possible that if you use the Installer utility,
/var/log/messages may contain a listing of them so you don't have to
write them down, but that depends on how far the boot process got before
it died.

Hopefully, the bootlog will help one of us figure out what's going on
(unless someone remembers what causes init to receive a signal 10).

Later.