Subject: diskless boot (fwd)
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg Putrich <gregp@primenet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/09/1997 12:19:47
I've got a Sun 3/60 that I'm trying to boot (NetBSD-sun3) off my Mac II
(NetBSD-mac68k).

The problem I'm having is that the Mac refuses to run mountd. I keep
getting error messages:

Could not remount /usr/export/phydeaux: Invalid argument
Could not remount /usr/export/phydeaux: Invalid argument
Could not remount /usr/export/phydeaux: Invalid argument
Bad exports list line /usr/export/phydeaux -maproot
Bad exports list line /usr/export/phydeaux -maproot
Bad exports list line /usr/export/phydeaux -maproot

/etc/exports is:
/usr/home skeezix
/usr/export/netbsd.sun3 -ro phydeaux
/usr/export/phydeaux -maproot=root -alldirs phydeaux

phydeaux is my Sun 3/60. skeezix is a Pentium sometimes running Linux.
skeezix can mount the directory w/o any problems.

If I remove the last two lines, then it runs. I'm able to use it just fine
from Linux.

In my /usr/export/phydeaux dir, I have a subdir for root and a 16MB swap
file.

I've looked thru all the docs I could find regarding diskless dozens of
times and everything looks like it should be fine. I searched thru the
archive for this list and found someone that had identical problems a
while back, but no solution was ever mentioned.

  Thanks..

Greg Putrich - Internet: gregp@primenet.com                          [PINE]
Public Key 27E97EBD = 62 0E B9 A2 45 D2 64 AC 8A B4 6D 9D 5B 23 90 1F

    "This is not rocket science, it's brain surgery." - C.M. Burns