Subject: Q610...got further, but still having poblems...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg Evans <gevans@televar.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/09/1997 00:55:21
Well,

First off I'd like to say thank to the people that have helped me out so
far, Stephen C. Brown and Colin Wood!!

I removed the kick-butt Microspeed 3 button mouse and reconnected my
standard Apple mouse, to no avail....but.....

So, after repeated unsuccessful tries on my Quadra 610 w/ the
MadHatter#35 kernel, I decided to be a little bolder and download all of
the generic kernels.  With genericsbc-21 and genericsbc-22 I have
managed to get past the point at which my Computer freezes (when it
should go to the white screen), and now it goes to the white screen and
through a bunch of text (I admit it, I haven't read it, but I should
have)....then gives the following message scrolling down my screen
forever...

process (pid1) got signal 10

Now, I freely admit that I don't know what the hell this means, but
woould like to.  I feel as though I am getting closer to being able to
get this thing going.

If anyone can tell me what the "process (pid1)..." means and how I might
get past it, it would be greatly appreciated.

BTW: All the same equipment as before, but making sure that extensions
are off and that I am in Black/White @ 640x480, and have reconnected the
Apple mouse...

There are prolly other things that I have not mentioned but should
have.....but I believe I am doing everything on the setup side
correctly.

Thank you,

Greg Evans