Subject: Re: hfs woes
To: xiamin <Ingerrn@cris.com>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/08/1997 12:34:09
> when i do hfs this is wat happens...
>
> pork% hfs
>
> Please wait, probing drives...
>
> Please choose the HFS volume to browse:
>
> 1.      NetBSD Brain (SCSI 1)
> 2.      Right Brain (SCSI 2)
>
> Volume number, or <ENTER> to exit: 2
>
> Type "help" for help.
>
> btreeGetLeaf: didn't find key in node 0xb19.
> btreeGetRecordNum: not found
> hfsGetRootDir: Not found.
> btreeGetLeaf: didn't find key in node 0xb19.
> hfsGetFirst: Didn't find thread for directory.
> Directory empty.
> :/ > exit
> pork%
>

> is this a problem with hfs, or a problem with the file structure on the
> disk?

Although it could be a problem with hfs, I'd run Apple's Disk First Aid
on the volume in question (or Norton Disk Doctor if you have it).
Sound's like some minor filesystem corruption on the Mac side to me.
However, I've found that the hfsutils will often work on this kind of
thing when the hfs program won't run.

I hope this helps.

Later.