Subject: Re: LC040 support?
To: None <rbraun@geocities.com>
From: Masami and Ken Nakata <masami@fa2.so-net.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/08/1997 21:46:49
On Fri, 7 Feb 1997 20:21:59 -0500,
Rolf Braun <rbraun@geocities.com> wrote:
> Just somewhat out of curiosity, how far along is the 68LC040 floating point
> emulation support? I've seen messages saying it's almost done, and some
> saying it's a long way off.

Okay.  It's not "a long way off" but it's not "almost done", either.
The fix is simple in concept, but I haven't got around to work on it
for quite a while.

> Apologies if this has already been asked; I must have missed it.

No problem...

> Also, whenever I tried running fsck on my mostly-broken installation, fsck
> said that it couldn't write to certain blocks on the disk when I tried to
> mark the filesystem clean. Huh? Is this related to the FPE bug?

Maybe.  Maybe not.  I'm not brave enough to run any userland program
on my LC630 before I fix the FPE bug.

Thanks you all for your patience!

Ken