Subject: Re: Q610 problems...arrgh!
To: None <macintosh-gur@televar.com>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/07/1997 19:30:37
[stuff about freeze deleted]
> About the System I am using:
>
> Quadra 610 (Not the DOS Compatible version) w/ FPU
> 24 Megs RAM
> DOS 486/SX25 card (Removed.  Machine did not come with this)
> 250MB internal HDD (Where the A/UX partitions were created, etc.)
> Nokia 447L 17" Monitor (Have been attepmting to boot in B/W 640x480)
> Apple 14" Color Monitor (that I have also tried)
> Apple Adjustable Keyboard
> Microspeed 3 button mouse
> External Micropolis 1936A/V 4 partitions (none larger than 700 MB)
> Prometheous Promodem 288e (28.8Kbps External modem)

You have a few non-standard items on this list, the one i'd suggest
removing is the mouse (yeah I know it's supposed to be supported, but
sometimes things don't work like they're supposed to ;-)

So try a standard Apple mouse (and the apple monitor) if you can.

> Virtual Memory is off, 32bit addressing is on, and the monitor
> (whichever one I use) is set to 640x480 and Black and White

Do you have any other extensions on? I'd suggest having them off.

> I am at this point at a loss.  I have downloaded all of the generic and
> genericsbc kernels I can find and am going to attempt again this evening
> with each of these in turn.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try the above and tell us what happens.  I hope this helps.

Later.