Subject: LC040 support?
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rolf Braun <rbraun@geocities.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/07/1997 20:21:59
Just somewhat out of curiosity, how far along is the 68LC040 floating point
emulation support? I've seen messages saying it's almost done, and some
saying it's a long way off. I have a Performa 637CD; unlike others, I'm not
waiting on IDE support because I have a usable external SCSI drive. I've
loaded NetBSD on this HD, and it boots (even multi-user), but practically
everything I run segfaults (including ls, pwd, and ps), with occasional
illegal instruction errors thrown in. I've tried GENERIC-9 and GENERIC-22
as kernels.

Apologies if this has already been asked; I must have missed it.

Also, whenever I tried running fsck on my mostly-broken installation, fsck
said that it couldn't write to certain blocks on the disk when I tried to
mark the filesystem clean. Huh? Is this related to the FPE bug?

   ___       _____ - Rolf Braun - e-mail: rbraun@geocities.com
  / _ \___  / / _/ - Sassy Software: cool stuff for Macintosh & Apple II
 / , _/ _ \/ / _/  - WWW Page at the following URL:
/_/|_|\___/_/_/    - http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/3110/