Subject: Re: zip drive problems
To: jfron <jfron@coewl.cen.uiuc.edu>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@Mars.utm.edU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/07/1997 09:50:54
On Thu, 6 Feb 1997, jfron wrote:

> On a zip-related note, I've been having problems with my zip.  almost
> every time i boot up, i get a handful of CANNOT READ: Block #####'s from
> fsck.  the numbers change constantly, and the errors appear constantly.
> it is truly obnoxious.  any ideas?

If you're using a kernel w/ ncrscsi (assuming you're not using a quadra),
then you might try the sbc kernel.  When using the sbc, start out with an
fsck -f on all your partitions.  If it doesn't drop into the debugger
doing that, your system should work better w/sbc.  If it does drop into
the debugger (so far only my system seems to have this problem), switch
back to ncrscsi.

Hope that helps,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars.utm.edu      Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@globegate.utm.edu          --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://globegate.utm.edu                  http://www.utm.edu/~davagatw |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw             http://www.nyx.net/~dgatwood |