Subject: Re: speaking of mounting.. (fwd)
To: Mark Murdock <fee@tetrahome.tetranet.net>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/06/1997 18:11:08
>I'm having some trouble getting my A/UX Usr Slice 2 to be
>recognized by netbsd.  I have an SE/30, and in internal
>HP 566M drive.  I have a A/UX Root and an A/UX swap that
>are both recognized and get assigned to sd0a and sd0b
>respectively.  No where does it seem to notice the Usr
>partition that I created.  What might I be doing wrong?

I think we've discovered that not all disk formatters put the correct
information into the Partition Map Entry for the A/UX type partitions.
You should be able to fix this with the latest version of "mkfs".  Select
the partition that's not working and convert it into a NetBSD Usr
Partition.  You don't need to run the formatter step and can cancel out
at that point.  This should set all the flags, fields and bits so that
both the Installer and the Kernel recognize it.

Hope this helps,
-bob