Subject: Re: zip drive eject problems
To: None <weich3@earthlink.net>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@Mars.utm.edU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/06/1997 10:55:00
On Thu, 6 Feb 1997 weich3@earthlink.net wrote:

> NetBSD boots. The current version of the iomega tools that I have (5) now
> has a control panel that adds the option of having the cartridge not eject
> at restart. I don't know if that will help but if so it should also work
> for a jaz (if anyone has installed BSD on a jaz that is). The imogea tools

Don't know if that would work or not.  Regardless, though, simply not
inserting it until after MacOS boots will do the trick.  :-)

Which brings up an interesting point.  How about a tweak to the
init_main.c code (or is that the mach kernel I'm thinking of) to add the
_option_ of a 'press return to continue booting' before the drives start
to mount?  Or is the adb initialized at that point....

Thoughts?

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars.utm.edu      Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@globegate.utm.edu          --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://globegate.utm.edu                  http://www.utm.edu/~davagatw |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw             http://www.nyx.net/~dgatwood |