Subject: Kernel Compile Problems on LCII & Killing X Server
To: None <port-mac68k-owner@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dalip Dewan <dalipdew@mindspring.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/04/1997 18:56:00
Hi,

I've got MacBSD running on an LCII. Been real happy with it, but figured I
need to rebuild the kernel. I've been trying to get config to configure the
GENERIC file which I edited to suit my setup but it barfs with "syntax
error" messages. In the "building kernel Howto " there is some mention of a
config.new command. But I cannot find this on my system which consists of
almost all the packages in the snapshot. Can someone help me with this?

My thanks to Scott for the new X server he has put together. It works
better than the earlier servers I tried. I finally managed to get xdm
going, but killing X seems to destablize the Xserver on my machine.
Restarting X after a "kill" leads to kernel crashes with "coprocessor
error" messages. I tried most of the methods in the current thread on
killing Xserver (including the kindest kill, using SIGHUP on a login Xterm
window).

Dalip