Subject: Re: IIcx boot ? YES!!!
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <a.fowler@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/04/1997 15:27:28
I've been havin problems getting my IIcx to boot.

I tried swapping the nubus cards round and got this instead of the previous
message

fpu0 at obio0 (mc68882)
nubus0 at mainbus0
ae0 at nubus0: address 02:60:8c:07:cd:6b, type EtherNet card, 32KB memory

So it doesn't like my nubus video card I guess....

Then I set the mac up to boot automaticaly with a serial console on the
printer port, and took out the vidion card ...
This time it got as far as:

starting local daemons:.
Tue Feb  4 06:15:08 PST 1997
Feb  4 06:15:09 myname init: kernel security level changed from 0 to 1
Feb  4 06:15:12 myname getty[87]: /dev/ttye0: Device not configured
Stopped at      _Debugger+0x6:  unlk    a6

So now it can't find the screen ... :) Hmm, I wonder why that is :-)
I guess it will boot in single user mode, but that's a read only filesystem,
so I can't disable the ttye0 entry in the ttys file.

I guess I'll use cpout, and cpin again and edit the file on the mac side.

Thanks for all you help guys! You made my day...

PS: there are now three machines in our house running netbsd..

Quadra 610, with ppp suport, SE30 off a ZIP drive, and finaly my IIcx,
although I was the one who downloaded the distribution in the first place...

	:)

Does anyone know how far away quadra internal ethernet support is? I'd love
to NFS mount my brothers 200MB user partition locally!

		Ta for everything...

				Andrew.