Subject: Support for Performa 636?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: William O Ferry <woferry@WarpDrive.RES.CMU.EDU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/04/1997 01:53:29
    It's been a while since I followed this list, I was wondering what
the status is on support of the 63x Macs.  My particular interest lies
in the Performa 636CD, funny, I have one of them...  =)  I know mine
isn't particularly well suited, since the CD-ROM is the only SCSI device
in my machine.  But I was just wondering how the LC040 support, 63x ADB,
and 63x video was going?  What kernels could I use (and where can I get
them) to see how far my machine goes?  Also, what's required in terms of
colors and resolution (the Mac will only do 832x624 in 2 or 256 colors
with my 17" monitor)?  Any support for the Apple CS Ethernet (AAUI) card?

    Also, if the machine had the PowerPC upgrade in it, I realize it
wouldn't be able to run under the PPC, but would this affect it's
compatibility with NetBSD/Mac in 68k mode?

    Thanks in advance.

                                                          Will Ferry

William O Ferry <woferry@CMU.EDU> | finger:  woferry@WarpDrive.RES.CMU.EDU
talk:  finger for online status   | http://warpdrive.res.cmu.edu/~woferry/