Subject: uuuuuhhhh...cd0a?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <weich3@earthlink.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/03/1997 22:12:21
Well, now that NetBSD is booting on my Q800, maybe someone can answer a
CD-ROM question. I saw a post (not sure when) that stated that the
installer (through build devices command) will create the devices for hard
disks and CD's. The post also said that older versions of the installer
would not create the devices correctly. I used installer 1.1c and when I
built the devices no CD devices were created. Then if I leave the CD drive
on when I boot BSD, I get parity errors from the drive and BSD hangs, so I
must restart and shut off the CD drive. I realize that this is not that big
a deal, but it made me wonder. It's a NEC CDR-210 (yes, I know, old), if
that makes a difference. Thanks in advance for any help. One other thing
about the 1.1c installer, the fstab that was created was wrong as well, it
used sd0a and sd0b instead of sd2a and sd2b, just thought I'd mention it.