Subject: compatibility issues -
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ted Tickell <tickell@thecia.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/03/1997 21:43:49
I currently have two macs sitting on a shelf in the closet.  Basically,
because I have discovered the joins of intel based un*x - and with a
network of freebsd, linux and sco I figured netbsd would make a nice
addition.

Back in October, I had netbsd running on the IIsi - this was fine and
dandy, except What do I do about nubus ethernet adapters?  I need to getit
on the network so it can use the gateway.  Anyrecomendations on what card
to use?

Also, my roomate is on a leaveof absence from Vassar - the IIsi is hers
and Vassar has and entirely local talk dorm network.  Will NetBsd be a
plausible solution as a gateway for her two other machines assuming she
has them on ether and the mac on on the local talk?  Form everything I
have heard / seen, netbsd has many probs with both net boards and local
talk - is there an answere or one in the works even?

thanks -
Ted

                     ________
                                                _______
 _______

		  	              tickell@thecia.net
				      tickell@csa.bu.edu
			  http://currently.notserved.com
  I've lost my mind, but I have my heart, the sun may
       		    rise tomorrow.