Subject: Re: MacBSD and Syquest
To: Adrian Fowler <adrian@dcs.qmw.ac.uk>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/03/1997 11:30:31

> Here's a possiblility.. no gaurantees though.
>
> If you're using one of the stock formatters like FWB you could try setting
> the driver so that it thinks the drive is non-removble.
>
> Just and idea

Though I've not used a Zip drive for NetBSD, I've formatted them w/
FWB Personal Edition, and had them not eject on reboot. This behavior's
what you want. So just format the drive with a driver which won't eject,
and you'll be fine. Or just push the cartridge in quickly after boot. :-)

You might need to reformat as the non-ejecting driver could (probably
will) be larger than the non-ejecting driver, so you need free space.
If you have a partition there, you have to shrink it (re-format).
Try installing a new driver and see if the installer complains about needing
space.

Take care,

Bill