Subject: Re: MacBSD and Syquest
To: Patrick S. Gardella <patrick@ChristianWord.org>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@Mars.utm.edU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/03/1997 11:23:26
On Mon, 3 Feb 1997, Patrick S. Gardella wrote:

> I am attemping to install MacBSD onto a 105Meg SyQuest drive attached to
> my LCII.  It installed fine, but when the system boots (actual boot), it
> ejects the disk.  Then it obviously can't read from it.  When I do insert the disk,
> the boot process stops (freezes).

Part of that depends on the driver on the cartridge.  Try not inserting
the cartridge into the drive until after the mac is booted so that the
MacOS partition won't be mounted (with some drivers, unmounting the MacOS
partition ejects the cartridge, not so with other drivers).  Then boot
normally.

Hope that helps,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars.utm.edu      Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@globegate.utm.edu          --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://globegate.utm.edu                  http://www.utm.edu/~davagatw |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw             http://www.nyx.net/~dgatwood |