Subject: Re: How do you kill the X Server?
To: None <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Masami and Ken Nakata <masami@fa2.so-net.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/03/1997 09:35:58
On Sat, 1 Feb 1997 16:38:21 -0800 (PST),
wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu (Bill Studenmund) wrote:

> > Just a quick question...
> >
> > Is there any way to kill the X server without having to use any menus?
> > (I screwed up my .fvwm2rc file and had to do a hard reboot... oops!)
>
> I'm not sure if this works on NetBSD, but maybe try control-option-delete.
> It works on our RS/6k, and I'm not sure if it's a n CX thing, or an IBM
                                                    ^^^^^^^^ what's this?
> thing.

I don't think neither the old Xmacbsd servers compiled by Brad, Allen,
then me nor the new X server (don't know the file name) compiled by
Scott does have that capability.  It might be a good thing to have a
way to safely kill the server without having to have at least one
xterm window open, though.

If you aren't runnign xdm, I think it's pretty safe to kill the server
by its pid (i.e. ps then kill).

Ken