Subject: Quantum 850 hd (was Re: Booting MacBSD problem)
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Robinson <miker@mind.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/02/1997 21:02:54
On Sun, 2 Feb 1997 Scott Reynolds wrote [in reply to my message]:

>> [...] I want to use my
>> Quantum 840 and I'd really like to use the 30mhz Daystar processor with FPU
>> instead of the pokey old IIsi 20mhz processor sans FPU.
>
>The Quantum disk may or may not require a kernel with the `sbc' SCSI
>driver.  I'd guess that the Daystar accelerator will work, but you may
>have to turn off any external caches on the card (if applicable).

How do you recognize if a kernel has a `sbc' SCSI driver? (I know nothing
about kernels, but I'm dying to learn).

And, in my case at least, the Quantum TRB850S is working just fine with
mac68k NetBSD 1.2 release. I guess I have the `generic' kernel?

Michael Robinson
Medford, Oregon USA
miker@mind.net