Subject: Re: Any special tricks?
To: Alex Precosky <Alex@pop.mag-net.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/02/1997 18:29:55
(I'm keeping this on port-mac68k as I'm stumped)

> >> Are there any special tricks to help get netbsd to boot? I've tried pretty =
> >> much everything I can think of the get this to boot on my macII like =
> >> zapping the pram, changing appletalk settings, disabling extentions, and =
> >> I've had no success.
> >
> >What AppleTalk settings are you changing? Does it always halt in the
> >same place?
>
> Yep, always just before its supposed to change the screen to white. For appletalk settings, its turning it on and off.

So the kernel never fires up (your screen never changes color). Hmm.
Maybe there are too many new folks at the moment, but I thought you were
getting a little farther than that.

What kind of AppleTalk net are you using? Ether? Or LocalTalk? If you're
using the latter, make sure to set the "shield from LocalTalk" setting
in the serial ports dialog in the booter. But that error should be showing
up much later than this in the boot process.

You have the accelerator, don't yo? Some folks have had problems with
them. Maybe they can help.

Take care,

Bill