Subject: Re: Booting MacBSD problem
To: Michael Robinson <miker@mind.net>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/02/1997 17:10:37
On Fri, 31 Jan 1997, Michael Robinson wrote:

> [...] I want to use my
> Quantum 840 and I'd really like to use the 30mhz Daystar processor with FPU
> instead of the pokey old IIsi 20mhz processor sans FPU.

The Quantum disk may or may not require a kernel with the `sbc' SCSI
driver.  I'd guess that the Daystar accelerator will work, but you may
have to turn off any external caches on the card (if applicable).

> One more thing:
> Does it matter if I choose "Classic Networking" or Open Transport?

No.  I have used Open Transport 1.1 and 1.1.1 on Mac OS 7.5.3, and I'm
currently running OT 1.1.2 on Mac OS 7.5.5.

--scott