Subject: Re: Kernels, anyone??
To: Jonathan Lyons <lelsoft1@nai.net>
From: Greg & Christie Priem <priem@worldnet.att.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/02/1997 11:07:03
On Sun, 2 Feb 1997, Jonathan Lyons wrote:

> Ok, the longing to run some sort of UNIX OS has overcome me, yet I can't
> seem to reach my dream. You know me. I'm that guy with the Q605/Performa
> 475 with 36 Megs of RAM, and an upgraded 68040 processor w/ FPU. The
> only thing thats keeping me back is that I don't know what kernel I use,
> thus it freezes every single time I try to boot. My friends, all I want

dunno if this will help or not, but try the madhatter kernel.. it works
pretty nicely for my q660av. you might try zapping the pram, too (that
is what allowed me to boot up successfully the first time - i have to
zap it whenever i use the mac os and switch my appletalk from printer port
to ethernet, it seems)

the madhatter kernel's location was just posted, i think it was:
ftp://ftp.best.com/pub.s/sbrown/madhatter#35.tar.gz

hope this helps...

---
greg & christie priem       kb0erz
priem@worldnet.att.net      priem@mountains.ee.umn.edu