Subject: Re: 68040-MacBSD Support
To: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/01/1997 22:04:59
On 2/1/1997 at 6:27 PM -0600, you wrote:

> 2) This machine has a 68LC040, (i.e. no FPU).  As such, it is likely to
> cause frequent seg faults and illegal instruction errors while running
> until someone manages to fix the bug in 68LC040 floating point emulation.

Hey... I don't have much of a clue, but this little bug is the only thing
holding me back from actually running NetBeastie on my system. While I'm
not a math person and I haven't ever done any work on a Unix kernel, I am
fluent in C and I have a good nose for bugs. Is there anything that someone
sans a working NetBSD setup can do to help track down this bug? If there
is, I'd dearly love to help. I have an old CodeWarrior compiler, so I can
generate code without having a working gcc, and I have enough free time to
take on a new project.

Thanks in advance for the information.

PS: As I've reported before, I've had NetBSD running, but it segfaulted an
awful lot, so I wasn't able to do anything reliably. Now, however, I have a
bit more disk space to devote to NetBSD, and I'd love to get something
running.

--
        Mason Loring Bliss    /\    mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us
      PGPKeyID: 0x25B3D5B5   /()\   awake ? sleep() : dream();