Subject: Ethernet Problems
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Godfrey <godfreja@adam.cs.uwec.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/01/1997 17:45:49
Hello

  I've been working on getting ethernet to work on a LC III. My first
attempt failed because the ethernet board didn't work at all. (Neither in
MacOS or NetBSD,) After a different card was installed the following
message appeared in the boot log using ADBTEST 160:

nubus0: slot e: Apple Ethernet LC Twisted-Pair Card (Vendor: Copyright (C)
1987-1993 Apple Computer, Inc. All Rights ReservedApple Ethernet LC
Twisted-Pair Card, Part: 341-0740)  not configured

OK, so there was no drivers for the board in the kernal. So I tried
GENERICSBC #19 and #22 in hopes that maybe they would have a driver. What
happened surprised me. There was no mention of the ethernet card during
boot in either GENERIC kernals.

So my question is this: What would cause the card to be seen by one (older)
kernal and not by the others?

Thanks in advance.

Jason Godfrey                                godfreja@adam.cs.uwec.edu
Public Key 889CFB21 = 03 39 5D D7 D6 02 7C 46  CD CB ED 42 9C E6 83 03
http://www.cs.uwec.edu/~godfreja

                2+2=5 for very large values of 2