Subject: X and more
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthew Becker <mbbecker@mail.deforest.k12.wi.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/01/1997 13:43:07
Hello,
        I am having two problems: the first being with xwindows.  I D/L all
of the X stuff the installed it with Installer 1.1c.  I then booted NetBSD
and typed startx.  I then was shown 'command not found.' not to be outdone,
I tried typing the full path to the startx.  This seemed to start
something, but then I got 'init not found' or something like that.  Still I
didn't give up.  I added all of the paths of and of the Xwindows stuff by
typing 'setenv PATH.' and the all of the paths I also added the
'LD_LIBRARY' stuff, but none of that worked!  I have NetBSD on an external
SCSI drive and I have the SWAP on a partition on my  internal HD.
        This leads to my second question.  After I installed NetBSD on my
external, I booted and changed the init file for NetBSD to have the Root &
usr portion set to sd1a and SWAp on sd0b.  When I try booting with this
configuration I get 'root on sd1a swap on sd0b'  then later on in the boot
I get 'WARNING no swap space found'  The is says 'device not configured.'
I also see this 'device not configured' message when I try to mount a CD,
even after I I made the cd device.

        Can anybody help with these problems?

Matthew Becker                                     Custom Internet Solutions
mbbecker@mail.deforest.k12.wi.us                   WEB, FTP, SMTP, POP3, DNS