Subject: I can't get my IIcx to boot!
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <a.fowler@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/01/1997 00:36:43
I've been trying to install NetBSD/mac68k1.2 standard
instalation on my IIcx.
It worked fine the first time I booted (after I got the name of the kernal right!) But since then it's got progressively less stable.

Since then, it's booted sucessfully about 5 times. I've booted once
successfully with the #22 Kernal as well as the standard instalation1.2 but it still wouldn't start reliably.

My latest mac system is:

System 7.1 on a IIcx with ethernet card and apple workstation II vidio card

80MB HD, 4MB Mac partition (12MB swap, the rest in a Root/User)

I'm using booter 1.9.4 and the rest of the netBSD/mac68k-1.2 distribution.

If anyone is interested, I have a full report from the booter with debug
set to 2. Mail me, I REALY want this to work!

	More info follows ...

		Andrew Fowler.

I've installed the complete instalation from scratch 5 times (I've had enough for this week), but it still won't work. It always hangs
at the same point

ncrscsi0 at obio0
scsibus0 at ncrscsi0
sd0 at scsibus0 targ 0 lun 0: <QUANTUM, P80S 980-80-94xx, 9.6> SCSI1 0/direct fi
xed
sd0: 80MB, 834 cyl, 6 head, 32 sec, 512 bytes/sec
zsc0 at obio0 chip type 0
zstty0 at zsc0 channel 0
zstty1 at zsc0 channel 1 (console)
fpu0 at obio0 (mc68882)
nubus0 at mainbus0

sometimes it brings up the debugger when I hit return, others it won't.

Any ideas??