Subject: hsfutils 1.19b works Re: can not mount hfs-disk with hfsutils
To: David Bushong <dbushong@cory.EECS.Berkeley.EDU>
From: Christoph Ewering <eweri@uni-paderborn.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/29/1997 12:13:27
> > If just compiled hfsutils1.19b on my Q700. No problem, but when i want
> > to use it i canīt mount any hfs-disk.
> > This is what i typed:
> > hmount /dev/sd0a
> > and this is what i get:
> > hmount: sd0a: unable to abtain lock for device (Operatin not
> > supported)
> >

> Right.  Had the same problem.  The problem is, the source is made for
> Linux which does locking differently than NetBSD (something like that,
> maybe its just that NetBSD locking is broken, I don't remember)  At any
> rate, you can get the source (and binaries?) for a patched working version
> from:
>
> ftp.macbsd.com:/pub/NetBSD/contrib/unix/hfsutils-patched-01.tar.gz

O.K. thanks.
But Johnny Lam told me that you only have to set DEFINES = -DNODEVLOCKS in
the Makefile and the whole thing works.

I still have a problem with the TCL-part, the tarball i have
didn't install correctly, have to install by hand. :-(

Bye,
	Christoph

Christoph Ewering         eweri@uni-paderborn.de
Husarenstrasse 48         Fon: 05254 12555
33104 Paderborn           www.uni-paderborn.de/Admin/eweri/