Subject: Re: Keyboard maps
To: Olivier Boudry <oboudry@isrec-sun1.unil.ch>
From: Christoph Ewering <eweri@uni-paderborn.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/29/1997 09:00:56
Hello Oliver!

> A short question about keyboard mapping. Is it possible to configure NetBSD
> for swiss-french keyboard? (or Germand/French that are very close to
> swiss-french keyboard). I looked for this in the faq and only found
> something about xmap files for X-Windows. Has it something to do with
> /usr/share/misc/termcap? Or do I have to get another file?
> As I already worked with U.S. keyboard I almost know what the different
> keys correspond to, but it would be easier to have the same mapping in Mac
> and NetBSD modes.

I've compiled dt with the german-keyboard mappings, no problems during
compilation. Compiles just right out of the box. :-)
Try to get dt1.1.5 and change the keymapping or i send you the binary.

Think it is a good idea to compile a -current with german, french, etc.
keyboard mappings.
I don't like it to test every key to find * or # :-)

Someone on the list told something about Amiga/Atari-NetBSD that is able
to take keymappings as a boot option. Someone has to translate it in the
mac68k-NetBSD, but i'm not an expierenced programmer.

Bye,
	Christoph

Christoph Ewering         eweri@uni-paderborn.de
Husarenstrasse 48         Fon: 05254 12555
33104 Paderborn           www.uni-paderborn.de/Admin/eweri/