Subject: Read-only file system?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Benjamin Coburn <btcoburn@ctdnet.acns.nwu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/27/1997 19:34:09
     This is the second time that I've tryed repartitioning the internal
120MB disk in my PowerBook 180, and I'm still getting "Read-only file
system" errors. (This is, of course, after I've installed base12 and booted
NetBSD/mac68k.) I read the FAQ, but is there something really simple I'm
missing?
I have: 35MB MacOS    (start-up, mac-side internet, etc.)
        16MB Swap     (with 8MB real RAM.)
        70MB Root&Usr (base12 installed and devices built...)
The Mac side utils that I used were: Apple HD SC Setup 3.0.1 (A/UX),
mkfs v1.4, Installer 1.1c, and NetBSD Booter v1.9.5.
The kernel is: PMTEST.961214.122.iv.ncr  (Boots ok.)
     One of the other things that I tryed was to use mkfs v1.4 to convert
MacOS partitions. For some reason, I couldn't get this to work; mkfs would
print out an error (don't have it) and then think that it had made a proper
conversion...   ...I thought all MacOS partitions were the same, oh well,
the MacOS seemed quite happy with the partitions that I was trying to convert.

Thanks in advance, btc

         *      ___     *             Benjamin T. Coburn              *
         *     <%,%>    *      "Insufficient DADA."  -Anonymous       *
         *     ('-')    *  Email:  btcoburn@ctdnet.acns.nwu.edu       *
         *     -"-"-    *  Packet: ke6kxk@ke6lw.#nocal.ca.usa.noam    *
         *  Web: http://ctdnet.acns.nwu.edu/~btcoburn/btcoburn.html   *