Subject: another newbie's questions...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg & Christie Priem <priem@worldnet.att.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/26/1997 20:07:55
thanks to Matthew Becker's post a couple days ago, i can now boot
macbsd (zapping pram allows me to boot - i have to zap it any time
i change my macos setting for appletalk from printer port to
ethernet)..

i have a mac q660av, and am running the GENERICSBC-21 kernel. i am
currently running it on an old 80 meg harddrive (20 meg is swap) [i
am deleting stuff on my other two drives and will probably repartition
one to get more space].

i am wondering what the machine status page's line on the q660 about
no supported video means, exactly. i am able to view text and stuff
on the screen just fine, but dt (1.1.5) complains about an unconfigured
grf0. also, trying the xserver complains about not having a display to
open. i have all the dev's it lists for dt (adb, grf0, grf1), so i am
wondering if these complaints are just because that level of video
support is not yet there, whilst text is.

also, i thought i saw somewhere that someone had a kensington turbo
mouse working, but dt hung on me (tried all sorts of recommended
key presses). going back to the adb 'mouse ii' that came with my system
allowed me to not hang, but gave the display error above. i am using
the 'apple extended keyboard ii', which i assume has all the keys working
properly...

this is probably enough q's for now! ;)

[oh, for background, i have been using linux on my pc for about a year,
so i know enough unix to hack things a little, but not enough to go
after source code types of things. i just last week saw that macbsd
might work on my mac, and so tried to install (and hung right after the
'press return to boot', until i zapped pram).]

tnx

greg and christie priem         kb0erz
priem@worldnet.att.net          priem@mountains.ee.umn.edu
http://www-mount.ee.umn.edu/~priem/