Subject: Re: Problems with Farallon Ethernet
To: None <bgajecky@popmail.jba.com, port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mamoru Yamanishi <yama@biotech.okayama-u.ac.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/24/1997 10:45:37
I also tested EtherWave LC on Q630 with GENERIC-13 kernel.

> Hello, I have an LCII running GENERICSBC-15, and everything is kosher
> and lovely except for one major trouble: when the kernel gets to
> configuring the Ethernet, it gets caught in an infinite loop which
> reads "slot_noint() slot e".

The behavior was different from your case.  I _really_ recognized.
The only two but severe problems were that it returns "ring buffer over
run" and lost not a few packets.  I wonder it is because the difference
between DP8390 and DP83902, ?

I use EtherWave NuBUS on IIci with GENERIC-20 kernel.  It makes no
difficulties.  With previous kerneks, it had returned "NIC memory
corrupt..".  Since "GENERIC-13" kernes, I remember, it has been
quite well on my environment.

Therefore,

> this card is a dual port 10BaseT card, so perhaps that's an issue. I

It is not the reason why you met a trouble, I think.

Mamoru Yamanishi <yama@radical.biotech.okayama-u.ac.jp>
+81-86-251-8196(voice), +81-86-253-7399(GIII fax)
Dept. Biotechnology, Okayama Univ.