Subject: Re: Booting freezes on LC II
To: Russell Cotton <rcotton@tenet.edu>
From: Paul Ripke <weripp@itwol.bhp.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/24/1997 11:11:56
Russell Cotton wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I got NetBSD current installed on my LC II just fine. I installed the
> GENERIC-20 kernel. When i attempt to boot, my computer freezes.

Are you saying that you have booted NetBSD current with a pre GENERIC-20
kernel? Or that all the installs completed fine?

> More Info:
>
> I start up from the 7.5 disk tools disk
<snip>

This could be your problem. I remember reading on this list some time
ago that the minimum system install (as would be found on the Disk
Tools floppy) is not sufficient to boot NetBSD. You need a system
either built for your model Macintosh, or a generic install for any
Macintosh. Some crucial things are missing from the "minimum" installs.

cheers,
--
Paul Ripke
BHP Information Technology