Subject: Won't boot on Mac II; Q660AV Ethernet support?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John R Chang <jrc@MAIL1.ANDREW.CMU.EDU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/22/1997 17:37:48
Well, I haven't been able to get NetBSD to boot on my Mac II.  The kernel
doesn't take over successfully; the system completely freezes after

  Bye-bye...
        So I sez to him...  The real way
        that it should be done is to...

[etc]

Set _mac68k_vrsrc_cnt to 0.

Set _mac68k_vrsrc_vec to {0x810e 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0}.

---

I've tried playing with Booter options and memory size, a few different
kernels, even reinstalling.  Any ideas?

Also, is anyone working on the on-board Ethernet support for Macs such
as the Q660AV?  I am eager to run NetBSD but it won't boot on my Mac II
and it won't work with Ethernet on my Q660AV, which makes it hardly
useful.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you all for your efforts,

John Chang
School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University
JRChang+@CMU.EDU | http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/jrc/