Subject: Re: ifconfig: SIOCGIFFLAGS: Device not configured
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mamoru Yamanishi <yama@biotech.okayama-u.ac.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/22/1997 11:16:39
Hi jason,

I would be sorry if you already know the followings.

> I'm going crazy.
>
> ifconfig: SIOCGIFFLAGS: Device not configured
>
> That's the error I get when trying to run netstart on my IIcx under kernel
> 1.2.  The ethernet card is an Apple NB, which is supported and it is right
> next to the video card where it should be.  I checked back issues of this

The ethernet card that you intended to use is _really_ supported one?
It might have new SONIC chip "DP83934", or so, as LAN controler LSI, wrong?

The ethernet driver "ae" currently supports "DP8390x", or A/ROSE type,
I think.

I knew not _all_ Apple's ethernet card are supported.
I also met the same error as you saw.  Therefore, my "Apple's card" has
been plugged out, and I have use "Farallon EtherWave NB" instead of it.
This card is fine under current kernel.

> By the way, the ethernet card works fine under MacOS if that matters...

On the MacOS side, all cards I tired work file, even if I did not
install ethernet driver resources that come along with each card.

By the way, on Q630, I have not met the good ethernet cards yet.

Mamoru Yamanishi <yama@radical.biotech.okayama-u.ac.jp>
+81-86-251-8196(voice), +81-86-253-7399(GIII fax)
Dept. Biotechnology, Okayama Univ.