Subject: Re: /dev/pty weirdness
To: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
From: Stephen C. Brown <sbrown@shellx.best.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/21/1997 21:36:17
>might be part of the problem:  the Installer utility creates pty's with
>major device number 5 (and tty's with 4), whereas MAKEDEV seems to create
>tty's with major number 5 and pty's with 6.

Unless it was changed sometime in the last month, the major numbers should
be 5(and 4) as you specified first.  I just double checked in my copy
of /usr/src/sys/arch/mac68k/conf.c (supped near the first of the month),
and the cdevsw[] struct still lists 4 and 5 as the proper major numbers.

I was hoping to avoid supping again for a couple of weeks, but perhaps I'll
sit down and do that this weekend.  Can anyone who has supped recently
double check the "mac68k/conf.c" file and see if this has indeed changed
recently???  If so, I'll be happy to change the installer to match.

Steve Brown,
sbrown@best.com