Subject: ifconfig: SIOCGIFFLAGS: Device not configured
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason <jason@bewley.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/21/1997 19:12:02
I'm going crazy.

ifconfig: SIOCGIFFLAGS: Device not configured

That's the error I get when trying to run netstart on my IIcx under kernel
1.2.  The ethernet card is an Apple NB, which is supported and it is right
next to the video card where it should be.  I checked back issues of this
group and the only instance I found of this was a user who was using an
Asante ethernet card, so his case should have been different since his was
not supported.

Has anyone seen this error before?  I just need to get my ethernet working
so I can at least telnet to this thing.  I've wracked my brain and
exhausted all web resources.  Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi.  You're my only
hope.

By the way, the ethernet card works fine under MacOS if that matters...

Jason

- - - - -  j a s o n  m i c h a e l  s i s k  - - - - -
	jason@bewley.net
			http://www.bewley.net/~jason

This message brought to you by Dale, who kicks ass.