Subject: Can't boot NetBSD on a IIvx - hangs during boot
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason <jason@bewley.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/20/1997 21:13:04
Machine: MacIIvx
Memory:  12MB
HD Space: 230MB (200MB AUX usr/root partition, 9MB swap)
Kernel:  Many, but currently generic 1.2

I am brand new to this list and most likely because I have a problem. :)

I am a new NetBSD user and have successfuly installed NetBSD generic 1.2
on my IIcx at home and once where I work on a IIvx.  Well, I swapped a
hard drive with a Centris 650 so I could have a bigger drive (230MB), and
reinstalled NetBSD.  Only this time, it didn't work.  I used the same
binary files and everything that I used the first time and have tried
three different kernels (generic, wormhole, and ADBTEST) all to no avail.

Okay, so get to the point, right?  What's the error?

Here is what I get:

PRAM: 0x32e3d75f, macos_boottime: 0x32e3d74d.

Then it hangs forever.

I am quite frustrated.  I have booted without INITs, upped the booter mem
allocation, changed to 32 bit mode, and all of that stuff.  I can't figure
it out.  So please would one of you wise people let me know what I am
screwing up?  Thanks a whole lot and I hope to get a lot out of this list.

Jason Sisk

- - - - -  j a s o n  m i c h a e l  s i s k  - - - - -
	jason@bewley.net
			http://www.bewley.net/~jason