Subject: Kudos on Mac-side utils
To: NetBSD Mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/20/1997 16:02:28
I would just like to thank everyone who contributed to the latest
versions of the Mac-side utilities (i.e. Booter 1.9.5, Mkfs 1.3.1, and
Installer 1.1c).

After having used each of them over the past couple of days, I must say
that they all work wonderfully.  The new Mkfs utility is great.  I just
partitioned up my hard drive into MacOS HFS volumes of the appropriate
size and then used the Mkfs utility to convert them to NetBSD
partitions.  The installer recognized all of them perfectly.

The new Installer is pretty nice, too.  It didn't crash once on me while
I installed the entire distribution, including X.  I really like the new
progress bar.  BTW, anyone who is thinking of installing everything
better find something to do for about 2 hours, because that's about how
long it took me to install it all onto a Quantum 730 Lightning attached
to my IIci.

The new booter seems to work just fine (or at least as well as 1.9.4 did).

Once again, I'd just like to thank everyone who has put their time and
effort into this one.

Later.