Subject: Re: NNTP
To: None <dpm@netcetera.com>
From: Masami and Ken Nakata <masami@fa2.so-net.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/16/1997 16:43:45
On Wed, 15 Jan 1997 20:03:29 -0800,
Dave Martin <dpm@netcetera.com> wrote:
> At 6:57 PM -0800 1/15/97, Duncan McQueen wrote:
> >Has anyone got NNTP to compile on NetBSD mac68k?  I managed to get Cnews to
> >compile and install, but am running into a hurdle with NNTP..
> >Any help would be greatly appreciated...
>
> I made the following changes to xntp3-5.86 to bring it up on an SE/30:

Xntp implements NTP, the network time protocol which is much different
from NNTP, the network news transfer protocol.

I thought someone's managed to port INN to NetBSD/mac68k?  Even if
not, probably patches for NetBSD/i386 or even for FreeBSD would be a
good start.  Nnrpd included in INN talks a superset of NNTP.

ken