Subject: Unable to get NetBSD to boot on Mac IIcx
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthew Pepper <matt@enfish.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/14/1997 15:31:29
Ok. I'm at a loss as to what else to try. I have been completely
unsuccessful in getting NetBSD to boot on my IIcx after following all of
the instructions and multiple attempts. The error message I'm getting when
I try to boot is as follows:

Booting....File "" not found.
Could not open Kernel "(0,?)".
****** Boot Stopped ******

I have a Mac IIcx with 20 megs RAM, mode 32 installed and turned on. I'm
installing to an internal Maxtor 190 meg HD from an external 105 meg
Quantum and have used various drive utilities multiple times to make a user
& root slice 0 partition and swap slice 1 partition of approximately 120
megs and 40 megs respectively. I've installed all of the required packages
and I continuely get this error. Have I not created the proper partitions
or what? I get no errors during mkfs or install.

Any and all info would be appreciated as this is getting rather frustrating.

Regards -

Matt
matt@enfish.com