Subject: Re: DeskWriter (was Re: printer / modem)
To: Riccardo Mottola <rmottola@ns.spm.it>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/12/1997 16:13:05
> I tried the statment to add to rc.local that I found in the FAQ (something
> with stty - f....) but still when I use lpr : unknown printer.

What stty command are you refering to? Also, such a command would
only be setting the printer port to a certain speed, not telling
lpr what to do.

> What is ghostscript (it's quite big, I did not downloaded it) Do I realy
> need it to print? Or is there a simpler way?

ghostscript is a clone of PostScript. It will generate PCL from a
ps file. If you only want to print text, you don't need it. But
if you want to print ps files, you do.

Take care,

Bill